# Phase 8 – Time for a Test
(3 - 4 weeks prior to the election)
By now, you should have everything you need. Let's run a test!
- Feed your theses, answer and logos to the Configuration Editor to create the configuration file. Alternatively, you can write the configuration file yourself, though that requires some technical background. More information in the Technical Guide.
- Depending on how you plan to deploy your election compass, you might want to use the HTML Generator to generate a single HTML file containing the software and the contents and upload that to some sort of 'staging environment' on your webserver. Alternatively, you send the configuration file to your Web Developer and ask them to take care of the deployment.
- Make sure, that your test run is not accessible to the public. Your staging environment should only be accessible from certain places or by a complicated URL or even better – a password.
- You can now take a look at the result. Try it, give it to your team and the people that participated in your workshop(s). Gather their feedback.
- Make small adjustments until everything is ready for the big day!